How do I dispose of Hazardous Waste?

The Town of Oakland no longer accepts household hazardous waste items.

If you have latex paint cans that are empty and the leftover paint is dry, you may put them in your garbage can.  Remember, latex only.

Please bring household hazardous waste items to the following locations, or to a Community Collection event:

Orange County Landfill

5901 Young Pine Road, Orlando, FL  32829


Open daily, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm 

McLeod Road Transfer Station

5000 L.B. McLeod Road, Orlando, FL  32811


Days and hours vary, please call ahead of time

Porter Transfer Station

1326 Good Homes Road, Orlando, FL  32819


Thursday – Sunday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

For additional information, including what household hazardous waste items are accepted, and for location of the Community Collection events, please visit the following site:  

Orange County Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.

Show All Answers

1. How do I view the most current water quality report?
2. I do not use Town water for irrigation purposes. Do I still have to follow the irrigation watering restrictions stated on the Town's website?
3. When is trash collected?
4. How do I view my water consumption online?
5. Can I turn my water off for vacation or an extended period of time?
6. Why don't I have water?
7. Why is my water pressure low?
8. A street lamp is not functioning properly. What must be done to fix it?
9. I found a yellow Town door hanger on my front door, but the writing is illegible. Who do I contact to learn more?
10. Who do I contact to obtain a right-of-way permit?
11. Do I need to apply for a right-of-way permit?
12. How do I learn the status of my right-of-way permit application?
13. What is considered Hazardous Waste?
14. How do I dispose of Hazardous Waste?